Adobe ETLA customers who would like to use Creative Cloud 2019 must migrate to Shared Device Licensing or Named User Licensing; serialized deployment is ending with Creative Cloud 2018. ETLA customers may also choose not to migrate and continue using Creative Cloud 2018 until the end of the license term.
Preparing for Migration
To prepare for the migration to Shared Device Licensing, administrators should:
- Refer to the current Creative Cloud system requirements to ensure compatibility before starting migration as Creative Cloud 2019 has different system requirements than previous versions
- All K-12 schools and Hi-Ed institutions that want to use Federated or Enterprise ID can take advantage of Adobe Spark to set up identity and domain ownership
- Decide user management logistics and determine permissions
- Upload users manually or via CSV file
- Create a timeline for your institution's migration
There is no time constraint for the Adobe ETLA migration process. However, Adobe advises deploying Shared Device Licensing to labs over the summer to minimize workflow disruption.
Please note, Creative Cloud 2018 will no longer receive updates including security patches, effective immediately.
Admins can create Shared Device Licensing packages within the Adobe Admin Console.
The migration process includes the following steps:
- Verify compatibility with Adobe system requirements
- Migration of Admin Console
- Review profile permissions
- Package for profiles
- Deploy packages
- Set up identity
The Admin Console migration process only takes a few minutes but functionality is halted during the transition. Specific instructions are available on the Migration User Management support page from Adobe. Once the console is migrated, admins will receive an email notifying them of its completion.
Resources and step-by-step instructions can be found on the Adobe Migration Support page.
Expert Sessions are available in the Admin Console. Please note, these are for migration guidance, not troubleshooting.
Admin Console > Support > Request Expert Session