What can you do to prepare?
Before migrating existing Device Licenses to Shared Device Licensing, Administrators can complete the following tasks:
- All K-12 schools and Hi-Ed institutions that want to use Federated or Enterprise ID can take advantage of Adobe Spark in order to set up identity and domain ownership
- Decide user management logistics and determine permissions
- Upload users manually or via CSV file
- Create a timeline for your institution's migration
Admins should refer to the current Creative Cloud System Requirements to ensure compatibility prior to initiating migration. The Migration User Management article on the Adobe support page provides detailed descriptions on migration preparation steps.
Device Licensing renewal will be discontinued September 1st, 2019 and new Device Licenses will no longer be sold after August 1st, 2020. Device License customers can choose to use Shared Device Licensing or Named User Licensing.
The VIP License specific migration date depends on the license anniversary period which falls between September 2019 and August 2020. Please contact OETC support if you are unsure of your anniversary date.
Once begun, VIP license migration must be completed within 30 days. If the process is not completed by the end of your renewal period, the Adobe licenses will cease to function until migration is complete. Adobe advises VIP Device License customers begin the migration process by August 1st, 2019 at the latest.
VIP administrators have received an email from Adobe containing workflow and license specific migration date. Only admins can initiate migration, end users cannot.
The migration process entails the following steps:
- Migration of Admin Console
- Review profile permissions
- Package for profiles
- Deploy packages
- Set up identity
The migration process only takes a few minutes but the Admin Console functionality is halted during the transition. Once the console is migrated, Admins will receive an email notifying them of its completion. Resources and step-by-step instructions can be found on the Adobe Migration Support page.
Expert Sessions are available in the Admin Console. Please note, these are for migration guidance, not troubleshooting.
Admin Console > Support > Request Expert Session
- Adobe Shared Device Licensing webinar for VIP
- In order to access the webinar you will first need to download Adobe Connect
- Adobe Shared Device Licensing FAQ
- Adobe for K-12: Shared Device License Migration Workflow
- Adobe for Hi-Ed: Shared Device License Migration Workflow
- Adobe SDL Step-by-Step Migration Webinar for K-12
- Adobe SDL Step-by-Step Migration Webinar for Higher Ed