E-Rate with OETC
OETC works with manufacturers and resellers that offer products and services eligible for price discounts via the federally funded E-Rate program. OETC has completed the Form 470 process on behalf of our membership. This enables schools to stretch their technology dollars even further by taking advantage of the discounts that OETC has secured with eligible manufacturers and resellers when making an E-Rate purchase.
About E-Rate 470 Form
OETC currently has Form 470 filed and completed on behalf of the OETC Membership. The 470 number is 170050715 and is valid for funding year 2017.
Previously, members have been able to utilize OETC’s Service Provider Information Number (SPIN) number.
Going forward, OETC is acting as a consortium leader as defined by USAC. We will no longer utilize our SPIN, but instead post Form 470’s on behalf of the membership who are linked to OETC through USAC as a related entity under our consortium.
Members can request funding by filing their Form 471, referencing OETC’s certified Form 470, and utilizing the SPIN number of the chosen provider on contract. As a provider, you must utilize your company's SPIN number when working with OETC Members.
How the E-Rate Funding Process Works
Already Completed by OETC
- OETC advertised a multi-state, open, competitive RFP based on a non-brand specification on behalf of our public membership for a Form 470 (Description of Services Requested and Certification From) on EPC.
To Be Completed by the OETC Member and Selected Provider
- OETC Members select a manufacturer or reseller provider on OETC contract to work with and file a Form 471 request for funding. This request is processed under the member’s own BEN (Billed Entity Number), referencing OETC’s Form 470.
- FCC and USAC review request for funding and issues a Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL).
- OETC Members begin services with selected provider and file Form 486 and Form 479 (Form 479 as applicable, unnecessary for interconnected VoIP, or telecommunications services).
- OETC Members must work with their selected provider to decide who will bill USAC for the consortium discount.
- If OETC Member bills USAC, the member must submit for Form 472 (also known as Billed Entity Applicant Reimbursement or “BEAR” Form)
- If selected provider bills USAC, the provider must file a Form 474.
Filing Numbers for Reference
- OETC’s active Form 470 Number – 170050715
- To login on the USAC website, use your institution’s BEN number.
- OETC Billed Entity Number (BEN) – 17011861
- OETC FCC Registration Number – 0024865826
FCC – Federal Communications Committee
EPC – E-Rate Productivity Center
FCDL – Funding Commitment Decision Letter
BEAR Form – Billed Entity Applicant Reimbursement Form
Using E-Rate with OETC’s Networking Contracts
Currently, OETC hold contracts for Networking products and services that can be purchase with E-rate. You can find a complete list of all the resulting contracts from the OETC Networking RFP at the OETC Store’s Networking RFP page.
Reporting Template for Manufacturers and Resellers on OETC Contract
FY17 Eligible Services
Not all networking products and services are eligible for E-Rate, so review the USAC’s eligible services document below to verify.
- FCC document DA-16-1023A for FY17 eligibility.