About Microsoft Home Use
If your institution participates in an EES agreement, there are two ways that your employees can take advantage of home use.
Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
Microsoft offers a Home Use Program (HUP) for EES subscribers. For $9.95, qualified employees can purchase a copy of Office Pro Plus 2016 for their own use.
HUP is set up and administered through the Software Assurance (SA) benefits section on the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
Broadly, this is how HUP works:
- Activate the HUP through your institution’s VLSC
- Enter an allowed email domain that employees can use to sign up for the HUP
- Notify employees to sign up for Office on the HUP
- Employees can go to www.microsofthup.com to purchase Office.
Home Use through Office 365 Pro Plus
If you purchase Office 365 Pro Plus through your EES agreement, users can install Office 365 on up to 5 devices. This option is provided free of charge through Office Pro Plus desktop licenses.
- For a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up Microsoft HUP, visit this OETC support article
- Visit Microsoft’s HUP support page
- Visit the Microsoft OETC Store page to learn more about EES licensing
Need Microsoft Support?
OETC staff are always happy to answer questions about Microsoft licensing. In addition, below are a few useful contacts at Microsoft who can help you with Microsoft-related questions.
- For Office 365 Inquiries: contact email@example.com. If support related, please submit a ticket through your Office 365 admin portal.
- For questions about license keys and activation: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866)-230-0560 with your enrollment number.
- For questions about Microsoft Azure: visit the Microsoft Azure Support Page and submit a ticket.